Ullapool Museum Model
The churches were innovative in many ways. They emphasised the importance of a simple, adaptable and affordable design. The interior was plain to reflect the practices of the Presbyterian Church and could hold a congregation of nearly five hundred people.
The service of worship was very simple and the only music was the singing of metrical psalms. This form of the psalms was created to help people learn and understand them quickly. The church closed in 1935 and is recognised as the last of Telford’s churches to have its original design and interior in good condition. In the 1980s, around twenty of these models were commissioned to raise redevelopment funds so that the building could host Ullapool Museum collection.