Communion Plates and Chalices
Cromarty Courthouse Museum
These simple Eucharistic vessels come from Resolis Parish Church, built in 1767 and closed in 2005.
The plates were used to hold the bread, broken into pieces, to be shared amongst the communicants. The chalice was passed round by the minister to the communicants, who all drank from the single vessel, as a sign of communion.